Passionate about energy & data science? Entras is hiring!
Entras is an independent project architect and strategic advisor in the field of Energy.
Entras stands for ‘Energy Transition Services’. It is our aim to enable complex energy projects. We support decision making by developing models to assess energy costs, profitability and risk. We strongly believe that the combination of our technical, financial and strategic know-how makes the difference.
Entras also develops models and tools for asset dispatching and predictive maintenance to support decision making and to optimize operations of energy assets, based on data science, forecasting and optimisation techniques.
Our projects involve power plants, cogeneration units, process optimisation in food / chemistry / retail / utilities sectors, power-to-gas projects etc.
ENTRAS wants to expand its team with flexible and creative spirits, passionate about energy and industry. Original solutions are the result of understanding project drivers and sound project analysis. We are looking for people mastering this unique ability.
ENTRAS is a project architect
Purpose of the job
As Data Scientist, you are a key member of our project team. You will participate in every phase of the project development:
- Initial discussions with clients to understand the project
- Investigation to define project boundaries
- Development of algorithms
- Participate in the software development based on the algorithms
Furthermore, the Data Scientist will take part in our product development activities. These activities involve the application of Artificial Intelligence algorithms in energy intensive industries.
At ENTRAS we are all highly team-oriented. Development of personal strengths is essential for our success. Project team organisation needs to match the project at hand. Expertise will be hired when required.
Every team member works autonomously. Our work methods are extremely lean. Any improvement idea is welcome.
Our way of working supports work-life balance. We are organised to work anywhere: at home or in our flex office. We are open to contract flex offices in any location to support our teams.
Our IT set-up and communication methods support working together at a distance.
Every project brings different responsibilities. Competences are valuable assets which must be fostered for growth.
Current projects involve:
- Provide an integrated optimisation tool for automatic energy dispatch
- Process information in a short time
- Define project drivers
- Share insights with client’s decision makers
- Technical aspects: tool definition, tool set-up, testing, operations
- Negotiations with clients and suppliers
- Financial aspects: contracts
- Feasibility studies for complex Power-to-X projects. Key competencies involve:
- Analysis plant energy system
- Determine plant requirements
- Analyse options
- Develop risk and financial models
- Technical aspects: power-to-X technology, water treatment, biogas, trigeneration
- Financial aspects: business case analysis
- R&D projects
- Involving the application of AI and applied statistical methods to improve industrial assets
- Focus on prediction of degradation
- Focus on asset optimisation
Outcomes and results
- Creative project solutions
- Sound analysis
- Sound risk profiles
- Documented in reports at executive level (Dutch/English/French)
- Deliver projects on time and on budget
Competences and skills
- Be fit to work in an energizing start-up environment
- Personal integrity, you live and work according to high ethical standards
- Information processing (mountains of information!)
- See the big picture
- Risk assessment via Monte Carlo techniques: applying the techniques and interpretation of results
- Any of the following: data science, AI, computer science, energy, engineering, bio-engineering, finance, economics, statistics, …
- We are not looking for a specific degree; convince us that you are able to contribute value
- Open to acquire knowledge in any domain
- A highly motivating working environment
- A participative culture
- Fostering learning, including personal development
- High diversity projects, demanding and enriching
- Support in developing business opportunities
- Check us out at entras.be
- When you like our approach, please contact email@example.com or Mobile +32494708474
- If we like your approach, we’ll schedule a meeting
- The assessment involves the following elements:
- On-line personal tests (1 to 2 hours, at your home)
- 1 or 2 cases. We make an appointment, and we will send you a case at, say, 10:00 and you send us your insights, creative ideas and analysis 8 hours later (at your home, no need to come to us)
- You will always receive our feedback
- If feedback is positive, we will discuss all contractual arrangements and then it’s up to you to decide!