All energy-intensive processes can be improved: efficiency can be increased, heat transfer can be done with less energy losses, and process load can be optimised.
CO2-emission reduction goes hand-in-hand with process optimisation. On one hand, reduced energy consumption directly leads towards less CO2 emissions. On the other hand, adapting the load profile to renewable energy production leads to consumption of energy with very low to zero CO2 emissions.
Examples of process optimisation projects in which ENTRAS was involved:
- integration of CHP heat production into an energy-intensive process (Food production industry)
- modification of the load profile of an electrolysis installation to optimise energy costs, CO2 emissions and production schedule
- optimisation of a power-to-methanol pilot plant
- optimisation of the size of an absorption chiller fot optimal integration into a heat-cold network
- optimisation of the size of storage for battery projects, for electrolysis installations and for biogas storage on site
Process optimisation tools for electrolysers
Our optimisation engine is capable of integrating any technical and operational boundary condition. This capability can be used to optimise electrolysis operation, and to predict future operation based on price prediction. Any technical element is taken into account. Some examples: minimum operating power levels, non-linear efficiency curves, temperature effects, stabilisation periods, transformer efficiency curves etc.
We worked with Entras from the development of our business case to the contracting of our asset.
Value creation is their leading principle, this during each phase of the project.
In the rich, complex and changing domain of the Belgian electricity market, it is comforting to have the opportunity to rely on well aware and highly skilled people, able to demystify the numerous challenges and propose optimised and tailormade industrial solutions.
J’ai investi dans un système durable. J’étais ravi de pouvoir encore l’améliorer avec Biogee.
I invested in a durable system. I was delighted to make it even beter with Biogee.